About Rebecca Chan – Toronto wedding planner
Hello! I’m Rebecca and some know me as a wedding planner, event coordinator and, most recently, a bride-to-be.
Looking back, the first event I remember planning was my sister’s 5th birthday party. I ran the Pin The Tail On The Donkey game, orchestrated the cake cutting and bossed the kids around; I had a blast!
Since then, I have been involved with special events of all sorts – birthdays, fundraisers, galas, conferences, promotional gigs, you name it. Oh, did I mention I do weddings too? I honestly live and breathe it, and I am fortunate to spend my time and energy focusing on doing something I love!
Here I’ll tell you a bit more about me, but I prefer meeting in person so I can hear about you and your wedding plans too!
- Many couples are happy to know that I hold a Graduate Certificate in Event Management. My pulse on the special events industry gives me insight on the latest trends popping up in the city, beyond just weddings.
- Holding an Honours Degree in Design allows me to bring an artistic perspective to couples I work with (it also means I’m not a fan of Comic Sans!). Need a second opinion on your invitation or decor? I got you covered!
- Through my charity work, I’ve planned and managed executive golf tournaments, lavish galas and ground-level fundraisers of all sorts. I have also had the privilege of coordinating events that have hosted Prince Charles Prince of Wales (I even shook his hand, eek!) and the Governor General of Canada.
- Fluent in English and Chinese (Cantonese), I am not afraid to make conversation with the older generation. I also don’t exclusively do Chinese weddings; I welcome couples of all cultures, traditions and backgrounds.
- Last, but certainly not least, I am Certified through the Wedding Planners Institute of Canada, connecting me with a nationwide network of resources.
The paper credentials
- Yes, I am a newlywed bride! Ask me about my custom-designed ring and we’ll talk for hours. I cannot wait for the big day and, of course, I had a day-of coordinator helping me out so I could relax and enjoy my day. Keep posted here for photos/video from my big day!
- If I’m not working away at planning your wedding, you can probably find me going for a run, picking up a random craft like painting or jewellery making, or exploring the nooks and crannies of Toronto.
- Gravitating to anything floral, textured and designer chic, you can find me regularly tweeting my favourite ideas and inspiration. Don’t be shy – mention me and I’ll definitely tweet you back.
- My favourite part about being in the wedding biz is having the privilege of being a part of a couple’s most special day, allowing them to enjoy it with those closest to them.
More about Rebecca
My ultimate goal is for you and your spouse to enjoy a stress-free wedding. If you are interested in my wedding services, connect with me [email@example.com] to meet up over a coffee to chat. I’d love to hear more about what makes you as a couple unique and what your dreams are for your wedding day. I look forward to hearing from you!